Madison Bumgarner

Madison Bumgarner, Buster Posey, Madison, Bumgarner, v news: Conrad Brooks can not expect the opportunity to redeem himself.Atlanta manager Bobby Cox Conrad bench for Game 4 of the NL division series against San Francisco on Monday night, a day after his three errors at the base of the second left on the Braves point of playoff elimination.

Cox said the rookie 30 years "should receive from him during the day."

Cox and Conrad each said they did not sleep after three glaring gaffes helped the Giants beat the Braves 3-2 on Sunday to take a 2-1 lead in the best of five series.

Conrad batting practice, sent rolling to second base and tried to stay positive on Monday.

"I feel as good as I can, given the consequences," he said. "I do not know if I have not slept on it. I did not sleep the whole lot. You know, the sun rose again today, and here we are in the playoffs to play baseball. You can not beat that. "

Conrad said it would be "great" if he had the opportunity to play.

"I want the opportunity to get out there and help the team," he said. "We'll see what happens. Skip told me to stay ready on the bench. "

From the trauma of others, Conrad made eight errors in his last seven games. He said he did not ask to be removed from the lineup Cox.

"He called me and said we'll give you one day," said Conrad. "I said," OK. "We sat and talked a bit and had a good conversation. ... He is always behind you, and that's what he told me. It feels really good to have a manager who was left behind you the things that were in progress. "

Even in San Francisco, Pat Burrell appealed to Conrad during batting practice.
ad_icon

Conrad Burrell called again and said, 'Forget it. Brace yourself.