Taylor Swift New Songs - Taylor Swift Confronts Mayer - Laments Lautner In New Album


Taylor Swift New Songs - Taylor Swift Confronts Mayer - Laments Lautner In New Album:Whatever the reaction of Taylor Swift third full album, Speak now, perhaps, there are two critics whose answers we can easily identify in advance.

Taylor Lautner is going to love it.

John Mayer? Not so much.

The highly anticipated album, released October 25, was held firmly under wraps until now, with only a handful of songs available for listening before the journalists who conducted interviews with Swift. Now that its brand is finally starting to play the album to select the critics, it is easy to see why its contents were well kept, all the fears of side leakage. Some texts are surprisingly candid, even by the standards of Taylor "name names, do not take prisoners" Swift.

And listening to "Dear John", the song is hot-to all appearances, to Mayer, all we can say is: Joe Jonas, you were easy.

When I spoke with Swift last month after hearing some new songs, she did not hesitate to talk now that his mentor diary of the last two tumultuous years. The public would have to guess which relationships or incidents most songs are about, but the subjects of the song will quickly recognize, she feels confident.

"They are all very clear," Swift said. "Every song is like a roadmap for this relationship was, with few markers that maybe everyone does not know, but there are things which were small nuances of the relationship, little hints. And each song is like that. Everyone knows, so I did not really send emails about it. "

But I said, by the necessity of his glory and that of his cronies in recent years it has gone beyond the use of proper names in the lyrics now.

"Uh," she replied, "there are still names I used. Expect to hear them."

In fact, there is only one real name known anywhere in the 14 songs. So if you thought "Dear John" takes its title strictly for the old expression "a dear John letter, you may want to think again. Swift is nothing if not very literal.

With the most serious songwriters, it might seem voyeuristic to speculate on the personal situations, reflected on the song. But Swift has lived his life as a fairly open book, all but inviting fans to relate to his well-known relations of their own as it revealed a gift for writing, both in terms of autobiographical and universal.

And it may seem sensationalistic to focus on "Dear John" to the detriment of the rest of the album if it did not feel like perhaps his masterpiece to date, or at least the most invigorating, joltingly song honest as you heard any major artist has the nerve to put on record for years. Maybe not, John Lennon took ex-partner Paul McCartney in "How Do You Sleep" is a singer-songwriter pop and imprudently large publicly took another in the song. But while John Lennon's song came out as petty, Swift was motivated by vulnerability and pain, making his song ... more courageous and more cutting.

The first chorus starts: "Dear John / I see it, now you're gone / Don 't you think I was too young / To be messed with / The Girl With the dress / Cried all the way home / I "I knew. "A second version of the chorus includes the lines:" It was wrong / Don 't you think nineteen is too young / To be played / For your dark, twisted games / When I've loved so much. "

When rumors of a Mayer / romance Swift broke out, some of us were struggling to imagine, because of its famous reputation rather wasteful in terms of love and its ubiquitous, protective mother. "Dear John" addresses, "My mother accused me of losing my mind / But I swore I was fine ..." And: "You'll add my name to your long list of traitors who do not understand not / And I'll look back in regret, I ignored what they said / "Run as fast as you can."

Swift, who turns 21 in December, will not simply recognize the subjects of these songs except for "Innocent", one written with Kanye West and we must admit that maybe "Dear John" is on another much older man her mother warned her about who is known for "all the girls you dry", not 32 years ... Like Mayer, the late John Forsythe, perhaps? Hmm. Gonna have to stick to our initial assumption on it.

There may be those who accuse you to use Swift's own romantic troubles in this area and other songs. But the extended section of the bridge "Dear John" (and six and a half minutes, the whole song is pretty long) of such packs a punch cathartic, it really does transcend all associations tabloid. When Swift sings "I'm bright like fireworks on your sad, deserted city," a person who never felt manipulated or used and found the strength to move on may be encouraging, as July 4.

"Dear John" is the most powerful song on the album, but hardly the only vivid or emotionally. It's not all vituperation, though. Apologetics "Back to December" can not be anyone but Lautner, and our ears, though several other new titles, none of them on revenge, all about choice for the time Although brief life together. Although Swift was writing these songs, pointy ears Lautner werewolf must have been burning continuously at the point of spontaneous combustion. It must be so flattered that Mayer would be flabbergasted.

While you wait for the release on Monday Speak now, here's a bible on what to expect from the album of an hour or more, the route from start to finish.

MINE

The opening track and first single is almost a standard, having been released way back edge, Aug. 4, in response to a leak. Who is it? Certainly not one of stable long-term Swift, but a helping heart of shorter duration. (If you had to assign a name, it could be Glee actor Cory Monteith, who are they-or-aren't-they updated friendship in early 2010 never seemed to much. Or it could be about a passion so short that we never got to hear about it.)

I asked how Swift "Mine" fit with the real theme of the album confession, since the bits on marriage are clearly beyond the realm of pure autobiography.

"It is in fact an admission of some kind," she replied, "because it is a situation where a guy I barely knew put his arm around me by water, and saw the Flash all relations before my eyes, almost like some sci-fi strange. After writing the song, so things fell apart, as things so often. And I have not mentioned him in a few months. And the song came out, and that day I received an e-mail from him. And I thought, 'she claps her hands "Yes! Because one was a sort of half-confession, and half of the forecast orprojection of what I saw. And the fact that came through so clearly this guy email me that meant that I had been fairly straightforward. "

How the boy in question leads to the realization that their brief flirtation led to a friendly fantasy, arguing, falling apart, and married reconciliation-ever-after? Swift suddenly became shy. "Uh ... I do not know. I did not really answer. But he was like," I had no idea ... I realize that I was naive. "

SPARKS FLY

"Sparks Fly" is apparently the oldest song on the album, having been performed live and a leak on the web via a raw recording concert back in 2008. While hardcore fans are familiar with Swift bones of this song, if not already revised the lyrics and arrangement. The refrain is always the same as in the live bootleg that circulated among fans for a couple of years, but some of the verses have been changed. Among the new songs: "My mind has forgotten to remind me that you are a bad idea." Some of these changes make the protagonist of this song a little optimistic cockier before. A line that once "Something that will haunt me when you're not there" was a switch of role reversal, so that it now promises to give her bf "Something that will haunt you when I'm not there. " Apparently she is a bit more confident of her charms than it was two years ago.

Back to December

This song, which was already out on iTunes, does not leave much doubt about who it is addressed, since Swift began in December last Lautner. There is evidence that this is his first "apology" song. It is, after all, better known as the singer of "Picture to Burn" and for writing songs recognizing that it may be that his picture should have been burned. But she stresses that for her, repentance is not a simple lyric.

"I've always wanted so I'm trying to write songs that people are who they are on merit," she said. "And so far I have not really felt that I really, really need to apologize to someone and that someone deserved to me. You just. Know the situation and write honestly, I can not leave this party and I do not think I should. And I think you should be able to say you're sorry for someone, and sometimes the best way I know how to say anything in a song ... I think for me, especially to play this song for the first time for the people around me, like my family and friends they have made this point immediately like, "You realize you've never done this before . You never really apologized to someone in a song. "I guess I was not aware of this when I wrote it, because it was exactly what I had to say. It was not like 'Oh, I have not covered yet that emotion . 'It was just a new emotion for me to feel. "

Speak now

Also already out on iTunes, the song title is the frothiest song on the album, at least in sound with Swift try an atypical style voice which is closer to that of Feist's usual approach of the conversation to singing.

"The song was inspired by the idea of melting in marriage of your ex-boyfriend and say" Do not do it'-which was inspired by one of my friends and the fact that the boy it had been in love since childhood has been to marry this girl, "she explained." And my first instinct was to say: "Well, you're gonna talk now? And then I started thinking about what I'd do if I was still in love with someone who has married a person who should not marry. And so I wrote this song about exactly what my game plan would be ...

"When an album title," she explained last month, "the first step for me is I go down the titles of the songs I have so far, and seeing one of these titles might be the theme throughout the entire record. At this point I was probably 70% of the songs that ended up being on the album. And I always returned to "speak now, because I think it's like a metaphor, this time it is almost too late, and you either say what you feel or face the consequences forever. And I feel like it's such a metaphor for so many things that we go through in life, where you can say what you mean or you can be quiet about it forever. And this album seemed an opportunity for me to speak now or forever hold my tongue. "

Dear John

"The girl with the dress you wrote a song ..." Yes, she did. (See introduction.)

AVERAGE

By far, the country song on the album-is, not to mention the far-east country song she's ever done, with plenty of mandolin and banjo. It is easy to imagine this cry becomes a musical theme or rallying the anti-bullying. Verses like "call me when I'm hurt / You, picking on the weakest rights" and "You've reiterated my fault, as if I can already see / I walk with my head, trying to lock you out "leading to a triumphant win-is-us-say-the girls-(and-boys) chorus.

Said choir could be counted as a case of falling backward, blinking in the life of Swift pre-fame: "One day I'll live in a big old town / And all you're ever going to be is mean. "But there is a specific reference to recent controversies, when towards the end of the song, she adds:" And I can see you years from now in a bar talking over a game of football / With the same view great talkers, but no one listens / Washed and ranting about the same old things bitter / Drunk and while talking about how I. .. ... can not sing. "Snap!

HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES

early fan speculation, teasing based on the preliminary air concentrations is that it was about Joe Jonas. But she wrote about Joe on his latest album, in "Forever and Always." Do we think he will devote a song to him at this late date, nor the New York Times will feature reports on-the-scene of the Spanish Civil War?

"This is the last song I wrote about the issue, she said," because it happened more recently. It was at a discount price, and there was an argument between me and this guy, and I think we both had so much that we wanted to say, but we're sitting six seats away from each other and just this war Silent "I do not like you're there." I do not like you're there. "It's so terrible, heartbreaking awkward."

Clearly, the wound was fresh, even if Swift does meet Jonas a couple of awards shows this year, it seems much more likely to place its site as People's Choice Award in January, Swift and Taylor Lautner have been reported to have successfully avoided each other, just three weeks after breaking. Key lyrics: "I tell you I miss you, but I do not know how / I've never heard the silence quite this strong." In addition: "I would give my armor down, if you say you prefer the love of fighting."

Never Grow Up

No, this is not another song on Kanye West. (Guess well, though.) Although it could also be called "Innocent", is sung to a real baby. "Never Grow Up" is a sweet lullaby with some sadness and even bitterness, distrust of adults, such as Tata Taylor advises the infant whose night it is powered up: "To you everything is funny / You 've no regrets / I'd give everything I could, honey, / If you could stay like this. "

ENCHANTED

The most romantic song on the album shamelessly, and also one of the best, "Enchanted," describes the result of a meeting that special someone, without knowing whether the instant popularity at all reciprocal.

"This song is on the decline because if you're ever going to see someone new-away too early," she said.. "It was about this guy I met in New York City, and I had spoken to him on email or something before, but I'd never met and met, it was this overwhelming sense of: I really hope you re not in love with someone. And all the way back of the book, I remember the glitter of New York through the buildings of the city, and then just sat there thinking, am I ever talk to this person again? And who languished for a novel that may never even happen, but everything you hope that she could, and the fear he never will.

"I started writing in the hotel room when I came back because it was this positive sense of melancholy: .. I hope you understand how much I enjoyed meeting you hope you know that you experience was not something I take lightly, or just in passing. And I think my favorite part of this song is the part where, in the bridge, he goes to a kind of stream of consciousness "Please do not be in love with someone else / Please don 't someone waiting for you." Because at that time, it' is exactly what my thoughts were. And it's nice to write exactly what your thoughts were at one time. "

Apparently nothing came of that magic, with the exception of the song. It's certainly the impression given by the Swift recognizes how the guy in question has not yet heard if she expects him to acknowledge that their brief encounter, when he did hear. "I think so," she said with a slight laugh. "Use" amazed "the word was on purpose," she said (referring to the line "I'm amazed, blushing all the way home" ). Because it is a word which he has used a time in an e-mail. And I do not think I've ever heard someone use that word before, so I deliberately wrote the song, then he should know. "

(And now all the guys who have ran into Taylor Swift at a social event in New York is thinking, "I said," amazed, "right")

BETTER THAN REVENGE

A quick flip in the tradition of songs like revenge "Picture to Burn", but aims to average girl. "She has underestimated that she was flying ..." Indeed. "I think his frown always present, is a bit disturbing / She thinks I'm psycho because I like his name to rhyme with things." Speaking of rhymes, the chorus rhymes "is an actress" with "best known for the things she does on the mattress." Final thoughts: "You could have, but you have not heard / You could have, but I still have the last word?". Oh, one imagines she "heard, whatever it was.

INNOCENT

Swift created this song on Kanye West on the scene, the MTV Video Music Awards. "I think many people expected me to write a song about him. But for me it was important to write a song for him. "

Judging by how well Swift tore his performance metro "You Belong With Me" Kanye shortly after the incident, it was easy to assume she simply brushed like the pro she is supernatural. But that is hardly the case. "The fans in the metro to know exactly what happened that night. It's something I'll never forget. And I'll always look back and smile about how they really, really helped me through that .... I am so emotional and human.

"You have to try really hard to regulate what you feel, what you let in, and what you do not. Because things like criticism, you are told to be very thick skin to things like this. But when it comes to making an album, if you do everything general and the type of gloss on your real raw feelings, which benefits no one ... As for what to feel and what level to meaning, I can not really control that. It's just how things hit you, and what you leave is certainly something you have to find a balance. "

HAUNTED

The most dramatic song on the album musically effervescent-oops, make that Evanescence-qualities, with strings of guitars screaming faces, to emphasize the romantic obsession described. "Something wrong / You're everything I wanted," she sings, while requiring a period at the end of the song: "Finish what you started"

LAST KISS

Offer more post-song breakdown that desperate that precedes in the lineup. Best lines: "All I know is that I do not know how to be something you miss." And: "I'll look at your life in pictures / Like I used to watch you sleep .. . 'Now it's haunted.

LONG LIVE

Difficult to imagine that there is any way that the number of fence is not Lautner, if she affection being expressed publicly for him is true (not to mention remorse heard earlier in the The album "Back to December). She describes herself and her lover in heroic terms: "The crowd in the stands went wild / We were the kings and queens / And they read our names ..." That may strike listeners as self -important for a celebrity to have written, but later in the song, Swift described things in terms of a king and queen that the return of Hollywood royalty, saying: "You traded your baseball cap for a crown / And they gave us our trophies / And we have set for our city. "

Taken literally, the song seems to have been written during this time of mutual triumph, but the attitude conquistador occasionally gives way to bittersweet prophecy, like Swift sings: "If you have children one day, when they make the pictures, please tell them my name ... "

Somehow, we feel the guys are not children have difficulty to deduct from their own leader who is the blonde girl. If there was any doubt, talk is now helping to ensure that it will have a place in history books and not just a photo album faded teen-pop