Patrick wilson - Patrick wilson Interview


Patrick wilson - Patrick wilson Interview, claire dames, peliculasxgratis, pucpr, resultados del beisbol venezolano, sexopop: The character of Barry Munday isn't exactly the kind of character you'd picture when you think of the actor Patrick Wilson. It is a giant man child who has yet to grow. Womanizer failed for the most part, faced with a life of dull work, who fancies picking up girls in peppers and video games in his underwear. Hes a bit like you and me, but nothing like Patrick Wilson.

Despite these unflattering characteristics, Barry is sympathetic. Hes the guy whos well meaning not quite self-conscious that perhaps more harm than good, and yet you still root for him to finish. So when a girl whos inpregnates not exactly her type, you buy him wanting to stick around to finally take responsibility and enter manhood. Thats what Barry Munday is about: Manhood.

Wilson has played characters in the past that did not exactly have thehighestself esteemor are the ideal hero, but Barry is different. Hes not typicalprotagonistand Wilson embraces that fact. After Hard Candy, Little Children, and its surprising to see Wilson in this type of Watchmen role, and seemed to have been outside theattraction of becoming Barry Munday for him.

Heres what Patrick Wilson had to say about men emasculated and Barry Munday.

It's a little surprising that after Hard Candy and Little Children werent you provided more comedy, it was nice to be offered something so different?

(Laughter) I think, looking at it from that standpoint Anyone who knows me knows Im kind of an idiot, so I always felt like he had found the right sort of people who believed in me. Chris DArienzo, the director, felt like he wanted something different. Some of those who were before wereattachedto not known for comedy, but I think that was the idea: having someone you wouldnt normally play this role. In the book, it was a little more than an ordinary man, but I selfishly wanted to make a bizarre character to have some fun.

Typically, these types of films, you have the madness of the characters around you and the central figure is the guy to the ground. I thought so we can buy it in this world, it is as bizarre as the rest of the film.

Wouldnt you say hes the earth, is it? It seems real.

Oh, certainly. It's not like I created a crazy guy, but I felt like it was just as bizarre as the story was. Ive played a lot of men emasculated if it was psychological or physical or otherwise, despite the odd configuration, it is a real journey for someone to become a man and becoming a father. But I agree with you it feels real.

With a character like Barry, you can easily spend more over-. Can you talk about playing a character who is a little weird, but never make it a cartoon?

Funny, when I give master classes with children high on musical theater, you can adapt this rule to the request youre question: Whatever your situation is whether its a musical or large Greek theater if his bosses or Barry Munday, a character that lives in his own reality. There are real choices and real emotions that theyre case. Once you arrive at the base of what the guy is about, which is: funny, yes. Lonely Guy, yes. The search for what it's like to be a father and not having a father? Great. Everyone that I can put in any character and in most theyre.

Once you got this script and the kernel supports it, you can go as wide as you want. We couldve done Barry even wider, but you have in this first scene that he is. I feel like once you establish the nucleus of a person, and the same thing with Watchmentoo, you can go as wide as you want. So you're putting on things that either the hair or weight or glasses, and then you create a character on the outside. But for me, there must be a real character.

The story itself could have been done quite as too broad. Whats it when you explain the concept of the film and say it's not that the comedy too broad as it looks?

Oh, its terrible. Chris and I became very good friends, but trying to describe the movie to someone doesn't sound fun at all. It seems stupid and tasteless. Like you, Oh, yeah. Thats gonna be a movie pleasure, good luck to that one as Imagineexplainingit, then a guy cut his nuts and he just does not work. And please, for a guy who had nearly Hard Candy and arrived in Little Children Jackie [Earle Haley] and Dan was certainly Dreigberg emotionallycastrated, so Ive been adequately dealt with in movies. If it wasn't good, I wouldnt want to touch everything, but I felt I could not say no. It was too different and too cool character that I havent played.

Have you found by Barry sympathetic at all difficult?

I never go into a role in thinking that I must make a sympathetic character, but again, you feel like on the page when you see the word Ladies Man it always comes off so viscous. Once I understood that Barry is actually the most positive person you'll ever be around and hes actually an eternal optimist thats lonely, I think these are things people can catch and attraction of.

There are two types of people you talk like a ladies man: Theres the guy who ignored all the other women he does not want to be with, but this guy isn't Barry. Barry kind of like everyone (laughs). I always felt that his optimism and positive attitude that you've spent it trying to sleep with girls. At the same time, I did not want him water through so much effort to make him sympathetic, but just be interesting.

Wouldnt say its importance for Barry to be sympathetic in a sense? If it werent, would you really cheer tosucceedand become a father at the end?

Oh, Ill grant you. Ive never played each role, even with Hard Candy, I do not care if you do not like me or like me, but I want you to care. You must take care. If you're not out of this type then you're dead in the water. To me, you certainly want to take care because you want to feel towards the end of the film, Come on, Ginger. Take it easy on this type, hes not so bad. Hes trying. It becomes a very real bow to him and he wants to man and have some responsibility, and theres certainly anargumentfor.

When the film starts, you get this strange feeling that this guy was raised without a father and you find that this was the case, and when you read the script that does make much sense to you too?

Yeah. I felt like that. He had a complete sense. [Spoiler Alert] In the book theres more, and we left on the floor of the cutting room, theres more to really wonder if the child is theAsianneighbors then find the father is of Asian origin [Spoiler course] . All this is much more important in the book. In this first scene you see Barry and his mother looking at these photos together, which was Jean [Smart] and is in first scene together. It was already good relationship between mother and son heavy thebeginning. It has been nice to meet you, and then we have now a mother of thirty-five years sonrelationship. Go!

Barry is like the last guy you'd think would be a father. What motivates you?

Under these conditions, hes a very simple person. The fact that he doesn't have a anytesticlesanymore far from reality as his life has been overcome hislonelinessby out with as many women as he could, which made him feel cool. When your sex drive everything is removed, which was strangely thus continued, I think he was faced with this impending fatherhood. It literally comes to that.

Do you think that his womanizing was making it even more sad? Hes trying to get women just so he can feel loved.

Yeah, but isn't like that for most people? I mean, I'm thirty-seven and I had my fun when I was single, but I'm sure anyone who goes out to that many women theyre obviously lonely and looking for something. Im notcondemningit, but he also does not really friends. When Donald is his best friend and doesn't even know the most important thing that happened in his life, sad. Not everyone is going after women because theyre extremely lonely, but I think hes incredibly lonely because he doesn't have any friends, so maybe its more for Barry than the average person who does not sleep around.

Arent Donald and one for the other in a way that theyre the two people still live in the era they feel fresh?

We tried to do with these guys is that we wanted to put them in the era that they felt the coolest, so that everyone is eighties and seventies. Barry, Chris and I talked early nineties post-shirts High School Rugby. Hes a little chubby and hes always trying to act like he is going to the gym. For each character, you want them to feel like theyre dressed for the time they felt Ginger cool, it is more like a grandmother.

But when you reach the end, ginger and Barry are basically the same people.

Sure. Look, the movie is funny and eccentric, but I also think he has tremendous heart. Ive never felt so strangely removed from a character that I really miss Barry and Ginger. I guess they are changing at the end because they found each other, but they really change (laughs). Theyre the same kind of eccentric people and I think that's what makes it so sweet. It's not like hes cool and suddenly loses his sight. Hes still the same dork.

You mentioned earlier how many characters you've played emasculated. Barry Munday, Watchmen, Little Children, and even Lakeview Terrace seems to be a theme that you play in a lot, is it just a coincidence or is this a theme you find attractive?

Probably a little of both, and also for what I get hired for. For me, I always gravitate to the scripts that have an arc where the real character can be a real trip. Whether hard candy or Watchmen, Nite Owl be with what motivates Dan, or Little Children, feeling totally emasculated and his journey trying to be a man and someresponsibilitysimilar to this story. Thats usually where I start anyway, but because of that love me Im probably better to them. It's a bit of both.

So you agree with playing characters that are somewhat similar in theme?

Yeah, I guess. I think theyre all sorts of different characters, but in the most elementary sense, yes. Theyre all men and I think Dan Dreiberg is radically different from Brad in Little Children, but at the same time is a guy who has no identity and seeks for it. He just needs to understand that by the end of the story, and thats so Barry. He has no identity. For him, identity is a father.